To use Authorize.Net with Lightspeed POS, you will need to set up an account with Authorize.Net and obtain an API login ID and transaction key. Once you have those, you can enter them into the payment gateway settings in your Lightspeed POS account. You will also need to make sure that the Authorize.Net payment gateway is enabled in your Lightspeed account. Once that is done, you should be able to process credit card transactions through Authorize.Net directly from within your Lightspeed POS system.
Here are the steps to enable Authorize.Net on Lightspeed POS:
- Create an account with Authorize.Net and obtain an API login ID and transaction key.
- Log in to your Lightspeed POS account and navigate to the ‘settings’ menu.
- Select ‘Payment’ and then ‘Payment gateways’.
- Click on ‘Add Payment Gateway’ and select ‘Authorize.net’ from the list of available options.
- Enter your Authorize.Net API login ID and transaction key into the relevant fields.
- Save the settings and ensure that the Authorize.Net gateway is enabled.
- Test the connection by processing a transaction and making sure it appears in your Authorize.Net account.
- After enabling, ensure that the payment gateway is selected as default for your POS stations, so that it will automatically process transactions through Authorize.net
Please note that the steps might vary slightly depending on the version of Lightspeed POS you are using, but the overall process should be similar.