To connect Salesforce in BigCommerce, you will need to use a third-party integration tool that can sync data between the two platforms. Here are the general steps to connect Salesforce with BigCommerce:
- Choose a Salesforce-BigCommerce integration tool: There are several integration tools available in the market that can help you connect Salesforce with BigCommerce. Some popular options include Zapier, Workato, and Automate.io. Choose a tool that meets your business needs and budget.
- Connect BigCommerce to the integration tool: Once you have selected an integration tool, you will need to connect your BigCommerce store to the tool. This typically involves providing API keys or other authentication details to the integration tool.
- Connect Salesforce to the integration tool: After connecting BigCommerce to the integration tool, you will also need to connect Salesforce. This usually involves providing API keys or other authentication details to the integration tool.
- Set up data sync between the two platforms: Once both platforms are connected to the integration tool, you can start setting up data sync. This involves mapping fields between BigCommerce and Salesforce and configuring rules for how data should be synced between the two platforms.
- Test and monitor the integration: After setting up data sync, it’s important to test the integration to ensure that data is syncing correctly between BigCommerce and Salesforce. You should also monitor the integration regularly to ensure that it continues to work as expected.
By following these steps, you can connect Salesforce with BigCommerce and start syncing data between the two platforms. This can help streamline your business operations and improve data accuracy and efficiency.