The Verifone VX520 is a popular credit card terminal used by businesses to process electronic payments. In this article, we will explore what the VX520 is, its features and functionalities, and how it works.
Overview of the Verifone VX520
The VX520 is a countertop credit card terminal that features a large, color display screen, intuitive user interface, and high-speed processing capabilities. It is designed to provide merchants with a fast, reliable, and secure payment processing solution. The terminal accepts various payment types, including credit cards, debit cards, EMV, and contactless payments, such as Apple Pay and Google Wallet.
Features and Functionalities of the Verifone VX520
The VX520 comes equipped with numerous features and functionalities that make it an ideal payment processing solution for businesses of all sizes. Some of its key features include:
- Large, Color Display Screen: The VX520 features a large, color display screen that makes it easy for merchants to read and navigate through the user interface.
- High-Speed Processing: The terminal is designed to process transactions quickly, enabling merchants to handle high volumes of transactions efficiently.
- Secure Payment Processing: The VX520 is designed to meet the latest security standards, including PCI PTS 3.x certification, ensuring that customer payment data is kept secure.
- EMV and Contactless Payments: The terminal supports both EMV chip and contactless payments, such as Apple Pay and Google Wallet, allowing merchants to accept a wide range of payment types.
- Multiple Connectivity Options: The VX520 offers multiple connectivity options, including Ethernet, dial-up, and serial, ensuring that merchants can connect the terminal to their payment processor in the way that works best for their business.
- Built-in Thermal Printer: The terminal features a built-in thermal printer, which produces high-quality receipts quickly and efficiently.
- User-Friendly Interface: The VX520 has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use, making it simple for merchants to process transactions quickly.
How the Verifone VX520 Works
The VX520 works by connecting to a payment processor, which authorizes transactions and settles payments. Here is a step-by-step guide on how the VX520 works:
Step 1: A customer presents their credit or debit card to the merchant.
Step 2: The merchant swipes or inserts the card into the VX520 terminal.
Step 3: The VX520 terminal reads the card information and sends it to the payment processor for authorization.
Step 4: The payment processor sends a response back to the VX520, either approving or declining the transaction.
Step 5: If the transaction is approved, the VX520 terminal prints a receipt for the customer and completes the transaction.
The VX520 also supports contactless payments, such as Apple Pay and Google Wallet. Here’s how the process works for contactless payments:
Step 1: The customer presents their mobile device with the contactless payment app open to the merchant.
Step 2: The merchant selects the contactless payment option on the VX520 terminal.
Step 3: The customer holds their device near the VX520 terminal’s contactless reader.
Step 4: The VX520 terminal reads the customer’s payment information and sends it to the payment processor for authorization.
Step 5: The payment processor sends a response back to the VX520, either approving or declining the transaction.
Step 6: If the transaction is approved, the VX520 terminal completes the transaction and prints a receipt for the customer.
The Verifone VX520 is a versatile, reliable, and secure payment processing solution that is popular with businesses of all sizes. With its intuitive user interface, fast processing speeds, and support for a wide range of payment types, the VX520 is an ideal payment processing solution for